Wednesday, August 24, 2016

CETAPHIL Moisturizing Lotion Review

The product that i've selected for review is the Cetaphil moisturizing lotion. Since i've got a very dry skin, I have tried on many moisturizing creams, herbal products but neither of them gave me the desired outcome. I searched over good moisturizing lotions in the internet and came across this product, which had a very good hype in the overseas market, social medias and international blogs. I therefore had the curiosity in getting this lotion at any cost and searched over it but unfortunately I couldn't get this product in the local market. I got this product imported from the United States, tried it on and would like to give my honest review.


As per the description on the product, it claims:

  • Non-comedogenic / fragrance free
  • Dermatologist recommended
  • Non-greasy formula

Key Ingredients:

  • Glycerin (to moisturize)
  • Vitamin E
  • Acrylates (to prevent moisturize loss)

Product Price:

$ 13.99      

Note: I'm unaware of the availability of this product here in Nepal and if anyone knows the price in NPR do let me know.

Volume / Quantity:

16 FL OZ (473 ml)

Application & Experience:

After thoroughly cleansing, pump a small quantity from the container and gently apply this lotion immediately over your wet skin. 

I use this moisturizer every day in the morning after taking a shower and before bed every night. I apply the lotion on my face, hands and over my legs. As per what I've experienced, my skin absorbs this moisturizer quickly and doesn't leave my face oily but leaves a sort of greasiness on my skin. I continuously used it for 2 months and until now I feel there's no breakout in my skin which is good aspect as I have a very sensitive and dry skin.

I've also used it before putting on foundation and since it contains Glycerin, it sticks on your face and keeps it moisturized. Therefore this lotion can also be applied before everyday make-up.

PROS:

  1. Light weight lotion absorbs easily into skin
  2. As claimed, the product is non-comedogenic (it won't clog pores and leads to no breakout)
  3. Easily dispensed from its pump style bottle
  4. Moisturizes well and doesn't irritate skin
  5. For all skin types
  6. Paraben free

CONS:

  1. Leaves greasiness
  2. Too expensive
  3. Not long lasting
  4. Not completely fragrance-free as claimed
  5. Contains alcohol which is not good for sensitive skin

VERDICT:

As it is a dermatologist recommended, people (male/female) with all skin types can use this lotion once without any doubt. It's a basic lotion that softens skin from head to toe. I think it'd be the best lotion during winter when skin is very dry. It's a very good product but since it doesn't suit my skin well, my search is on.........

RATE THIS PRODUCT: 

3.5 / 5

 Thanks for your precious time in reading this review. Have your say in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment