Friday, August 26, 2016

NYX Wonder Stick Highlight & Contour Stick - WS04 (Universal Shade) Review


Hello ladies..today I will be doing a product review on the NYX Wonder Stick (Universal Shade). Nowadays contouring has been spreading rapidly over Instagram and YouTube and since I'm a crazy make-up lover, I also wanted to try a cream contour. which is in trend nowadays I was super excited when I found NYX Wonder Stick in online site here in Nepal. I was confused on the shade that would suit on my fair skin and after going over the internet & watching a lot of tutorial videos, I finally decided in purchasing the Universal Shade which is suitable for any skin tone.
NOTE:This product can be easily found at cosmetic stores in Malls.





As per the description of the product, it claims:

Amplifies your looks with NYX cosmetics Wonder Stick that has a creamy finish that conceals, highlights and contours with ease. With this easy 2-step wonder product, highlighting and contouring has never been easier. The wonder stick is available in 4 shades Light, Medium, Tan and Universal.

Ingredients:


HIGHLIGHT:

CONTOURING:

Product Price:

Market Price NPR 2,200 (Lucky me!!! I got it on a discounted rate of NPR 1,800)

Application & Experience:

STEP 1 (Highlight):
Apply the highlight stick on the cheek bone, middle of forehead, under eyes, down the center of the nose, on the brow bone and under the jawline. 

STEP 2 (Contouring):
Apply contour stick to top of forehead and along hairline, under cheekbones, down both side of your nose and under the jawline and chin.

STEP 3:
Blend....Blend....Blend

I'm a newbie in contouring and as far as my experience is concerned, I bought this product in Universal shade after reading some positive reviews. As soon as I got this, to be honest I simply fell in love with the product. It's super easy to apply and the shape of the contour side makes it easier especially to contour your nose. I'm really happy with this product as it gets the job done. It's build-able and not too intense. The only problem is that the highlight portion on the Universal is super shimmery. It provides a sheer color pay-off even when blended with my Beauty Blender and disappeared into a bored shimmer. The contour part pretty fades to nothing unless you apply a lot and my face felt a bit sticky in the areas that I applied the stick on for hours. 
This is a cream based contour stick and it tends to run a bit greasy and fades quickly so I have to apply my powder bronzer over it to make it long lasting. I feel that using it with my liquid concealer and powder highlighter was much more easier and long-lasting than this wonder stick. 

PROS:

  • Easy to use
  • Light weight
  • Good for the beginners
  • Build-able color

CONS:

  • Poor color pigmentation
  • Expensive
  • Poor texture
  • Not effective


VERDICT:


On the whole, the Wonder Stick isn't bad for the beginners as blending takes only a minute and it is really easy to use. I recommend in using a damp Beauty Blender to get a complete finish but Sponge would work too. For contouring, it is not too orangy so who are struggling with finding a good contouring shade can try this wonder stick. As I ordered the Universal shade, the highlighter portion was too shimmery so whoever doesn't like it can try the other available shades of NYX Wonder Stick.

WOULD I REPURCHASE / RECOMMEND THE PRODUCT:

Yes of course! I would definitely recommend this product for anyone who's a beginner and who loves contouring as this stick is extremely easy to blend out.

RATE THIS PRODUCT:

3.5 / 5


Thanks for your precious time in reading this review. Have your say in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment